Day 6 - Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav - Morning
Samvat 2063 Bhadarva Vad 11, Saturday 6th October 2007
Day 6 Main
The sixth day of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi began with Acharya Swamishree performing mangla aarti to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa.
At shangar aarti Acharya Swamishree presented Lord Swaminarayan, Ghanshyam Maharaj with the booklets ‘Kartavyunu Kamar’ and ‘Vyasannu Vamur’ and the CD compilation ‘Pritam Gher Aaviya’, which were to be released later in the morning.
Acharya Swamishree and sants arrived at Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Smarak Bhavan Tower and were saluted by H. H. Swamibapa Pipe Band, Nairobi. Acharya Swamishree was seated on a magnificent horse drawn chariot. The Band then led the Swagat Yatra to Maninagar Mandir and performed a Guard of Honour for Acharya Swamishree as he entered the sabha mandap.
Today saw the conclusion of the recital of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Leelamrut Sukh Sagar – Middle Section scripture, and the benefactors offered gifts to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa and Acharya Swamishree. The gifts were placed on the divine chaaranavin (feet) of Lord Swaminarayanbapa and placed in the fashion of the sixteen chinh.
The Guests of Honour for today were Representatives of the Amhedabad Municipal Corporation. This included the Chairpersons of various committees. On behalf of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan all were welcome by Acharya Swamishree and presented with prasanta paghs or saals.
In the presence of the dignitaries the two booklets ‘Kartavyunu Kamar’ and ‘Vyasannu Vamur’ and the CD compilation ‘Pritam Gher Aaviya’ were released.
Acharya Swamishree's Divine Ashirwad
- Yesterday, we saw how much respect and regard renowned scholars have for Jeevanpran Swamibapa. And again in yesterday evening’s musical (which depicted the glory of Lord Shree Swaminarayan’s naad-vansh spiritual lineage) we saw a re-enactment of when the country’s greatest scholars and dignitaries bestowed honorary titles to Swamibapa.
- Seeing yesterday’s performance, the Lord is extremely pleased with all those who contributed to its success and encourages you to continue pleasing Him in this way.
- Today, we concluded the recital of the Middle Section of the Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Leelamrut Sukh Sagar scripture and so we begin the recital of its Concluding Section.
- In order to attain bliss, one must relinquish despair and carelessness. In order to do so, knowledge is required. Joy and knowledge go hand-in-hand. If a person wishes to experience this true joy, he must destroy the flaws in himself. However, people have a tendency to overlook their own flaws and focus on the flaws of others; they concern themselves with others.
- Instead of concerning themselves with what is happening in their own homes, people are worried about what is happening in Moscow and Russia! A person should instead enquire, ‘how much have I worshipped God, how many virtuous deeds have I done, how many starving people have I fed and how many unable people have I served, am I abiding by the correct principles? etc. If you are not doing this already, you should certainly start today. If you are already thinking along these lines, then consider yourselves still thirsty for the mercy of God.
- By concerning himself with others, a person is likely to drown or be pulled away by a river of such concerns. A person should worry about how he will bind his soul to God and how he will remain close to Him. These are the kinds of thoughts that lead to a fruitful life.
- Jeevanpran Swamibapa has written in one of His devotional songs, “I do not understand anything else; all I want is darshan [of God]. I am not concerned with sleep nor tiredness; and I am not concerned with fatigue. All I want is darshan…” Whoever has this kind of attitude is dear to God.
- Wherever you are and whatever you do, ensure that it is appropriate for this to be described in the presence of God. This will ensure you only commit good deeds. If your actions are such that they must be kept hidden from God, then your deeds are useless or even detrimental. In order for us to lead such pious lives, Jeevanpran Swamibapa has given us a simple command “No matter what happens, remain under the Shelter of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi and live principled lives. Obey all commands that emanate from that Gadi.”
- Let us pray to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa: Oh Bapa! Give us the divine conviction, intellect and strength so that we may we lead honest and principled lives at the shelter of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.