Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Sports Academy (SMSSA) took part for the ﬁrst time ever in the Annual Sports Mela organised by the Bolton Hindu Forum at Little Lever School on Sunday 9th July 2023.
With the blessings of Acharya Shree Jitendriyapriyadasji Swamiji Maharaj, Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Sports Academy launched its team kit, which was debuted at the BHF Sports Mela.
Almost 90 members from the community participated in various sports competing against a total of 400+ participants at the Sports Mela, with our youngest participant being only 8 years to our eldest being 55 years.
Prior to the commencement of the Sports Mela, devotees gathered at Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Bolton for a Prathna (prayer). This gathering highlighted the importance of sportsmanship and fair play to be maintained throughout the day and created a positive and spiritual tone for the upcoming games. Our Gurudev Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa has taught us that, "Valuable life skills, such as social interaction and teamwork, can be learnt from recreational activities”. Motivated by His profound wisdom, the SMSSA were inspired to wholeheartedly participate in this sports competition.
Thereafter, the participants made their way to Little Lever School - the venue that hosted the Sports Mela. Everybody joined in a short warm-up session to kickstart the day. The atmosphere was ﬁlled with anticipation and excitement as participants readied themselves to showcase their skills and engage in tough competitions. There were a multitude of competitions throughout the day ranging from Football, Netball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Chess, Carrom, Kho, and Athletics. This provided participants and spectators alike with the opportunity to witness enthralling matches and support and revel in a wide spectrum of sports.
With the divine grace of Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa, SMSSA triumphantly managed to secure prizes in three distinguished categories at the Sports Mela;
✓ Badminton - Men’s Double category
✓ Netball – Women’s Under 17 category
✓ Netball – Women’s Adult category
The Football players who took part this year were:
• Under 11’s Semi-ﬁnalist’s: Yash Varsani, Aarav Patel, Rishi Patel, Akshay Pindoria, Erish Jesani, Kayan Pindoria, Jay Varsani, Shray Kanji, Pratham Raval.
• Under 16’s: Kush Vekaria, Deep Mistry, Shyam Jesani, Riyan Pindoria, Shayan Kanji, Dixit Khimji, Ankit Hira, Nikunj Gorasiya, Deeyan Kanji.
• Men’s football: Kashyap Pindoria, Millun Jesani, Aadesh Halai, Vijay Gorasiya, Kashiup Jesani, Dharmendra Pindolia, Samir Sanghani, Kishan Hira, Ajay Kanji.
• Men’s Semi-ﬁnalist team: Tjase Pindoria, Paresh Kerai, Jignesh Khimani, Dinesh Hirani, Deepak Pindoria, Ashok Pindoria, Rahul Gajparia, Nilesh Vagadia, Darshil Varsani.
The Netball players who took part this year were:
• Under 17 Winners team: Manisha Kalyan, Tiana Varsani, Dina Rabadia, Dhruvi Kerai, Jeeya Kerai, Tiya Jesani, Ami Bhudia, Unati Kerai, Trisha Kalyan.
• Women’s Netball Winners team: Jayshwini Sanghani, Pragna Sanghani, Tanvi Khimani, Vanisa Varsani, Disha Kerai, Urvisha Hirani, Silpa Jesani, Sushila Kerai.
• Women’s Netball: Shayna Bhudia, Sonal Naran, Rina Varsani, Vanita Patel, Heena V Kerai, Sital Khimji, Parvati Pindoria, Heena M Kerai, Anjali Khimani. Chandrika Valji, Suhani Varsani, Chhaya Ladhani, Jhotika Pindoria, Aniksha Vagadia, Sajni Vagadia, Pratiksha Varsani.
The three pairs took part in the Junior Badminton competition were:
• Ankita Varsani & Dhruvi Kerai, Riyan Pindoria & Deep Mistry, Shayan Kanji & Ankit Hira.
The six pairs took part in the Men’s Badminton competition were:
• Winners: Darshil Varsani & Sandip Pindolia.
• Pravin Pindolia & Rasik Senghani, Dharmendra Pindolia & Parth Pindoria, Kashyap Pindoria & Nitin Vekaria, Ashok Pindoria & Deepak Pindoria, Harendra Mistry & Nilesh Vagadia.
The two pairs took part in the Women’s Badminton competition were:
• Finalists: Urvisha Hirani & Sajni Vagadia
• Vedika Varsani & Sneha Varsani.
The players that took part in Volleyball were:
• Ashish Bhanderi, Sanjay Jesani, Chandra Pindoria, Suresh Gorasiya, Priyavadan Gajipara, Rahul Gajparia.
The players that took part in Chess were:
• Kayan Pindoria, Ashis Naran, Kersheaup Vagadia.
The players that took part in Table Tennis were:
• Dixit Khimji, Yash Varsani, Sanjay Gorsia.
Overall, the Sports Mela served as a jubilant celebration of sports, providing a platform for participants to showcase their extraordinary talents while fostering a spirit of camaraderie and healthy competition among the teams. A massive congratulations to all the winners and participants of the Sports Mela and special shoutout to our community spectators who cheered them on throughout the day!!