Prabodhini Ekadashi (Kartik Sud 11) is when the four-month fasting season of Chaturmas comes to an end, and it is the first Ekadashi after Diwali. Prabodh means “to awaken.” This is the day that the Lord is said to awaken from his four-month sleep.
This day has even greater significance to the Karan Satsang, as six great historical events occurred on this very day:
- Lord Shree Swaminarayan’s father, Dharmadev was born (Samvat 1796, 1730 CE, Itar).
- Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami initiated Shree Nilkanthvarni, Lord Shree Swaminarayan, as a sant (Samvat 1857, 1800 CE, Piplana).
- Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami handed over the entire helm of the religion to Shree Sahajanand Swami Maharaj, Lord Shree Swaminarayan. (Samvat 1858, 1801 CE, Jetpur).
- When He was handed the entire helm of the religion, Lord Shree Swaminarayan took control of the religion and became seated upon His divine throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
- Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree manifested upon this earth and gave His divine darshan (Samvat 1901, 1844 CE, Vrushpur).
- Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated as a sant by Sadguru Shree Ishwarcharandasji Swami (November 14th, 1929, Saraspur, Ahmedabad).
The disciples of Shree Swaminarayan Temple New Jersey celebrated this auspicious occasion on Sunday, November 21st, 2010. A two-hour continuous dhoon was held. Young disciples performed on musical instruments to accompany those singing the dhoon. Several disciples from the new tabla cass participated in the dhoon as well.
At the celebration, Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree presided on a golden swing and gave His divine darshan throughout the entire program. Disciples performed kirtan-bhakti and gave speeches to please the Lord. This was followed by an utsav. The celebration concluded with all of the disciples offering aarti to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa and everyone taking prasad.